Should I Send My MBP Back to Applecare?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Steve Jobless, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

Hi, I have the original MBP and just recently sent it to apple for a multitude of problems, amazingly they fixed everything in a day and sent it back. I picked it up last night, but the problem is they didn't take care of the one thing I really hoped they did. That annoying buzzing from the logic board. I'm not one to compain but when I don't plug my MBP in the buzz drives me crazy especially in Windows. The catch is I'm a student who's going back to school next week and can't really afford to go a long time without my computer.

So should I send it or tough it out because they can't do much?

Thanks

2. iEric macrumors 6502a

no don't tough it out. get it fixed while a) you're not in school and you don't need a computer and b) while it's under warranty.

i think the logic board takes a week to fix too so get it in asap.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, if I were you, I'd send it back. The reason? If you accumulate enough (valid) repairs on a system and it fails again, you have a good case for a free replacement MBP. It might be worth a little time without it to improve your chances of getting a new one later - again, assuming all the repairs are valid. I'm typing this on a SR MBP that was replaced a few months ago after my Rev. A. MBP had a screen, logic board, two hard drives, and a few other items replaced. After the final fix, they left a loose screw inside, which was the final straw. I called, spoke to customer service, and received a new one.

I'm usually the last person to ask for a replacement or to return items, but, in my case, the weeks without the MBP for work (over the course of numerous repairs) prompted me to say something, and it worked out for me. My many other Macs, however, have performed flawlessly.

4. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input. I'll admit I secretly hope for an upgrade but realize I don't deserve one nor am I entitled to one. I can assume I wouldn't need my computer during the first week back right?

I can say God bless APP, this one repair was more expensive than my APP.

5. FanOfMac macrumors newbie

Send it; send it!

This is your hard earned money! Apple is a billion dollar company!