Should I Shutdown my MacBook CE!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by egk69, Jun 18, 2009.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Hi , i will just make this quick , cause 10 minutes ago i tried posting this and my stupid DSL was down and i lost the post, so very quick

Is it OK to leave the MB on sleep.

On my previous Laptop i never shut it down unless it was necessary, im talking the computer never shutdown for like 2 or 3 weeks of use. Not continuos use, i use the laptop 3,4 maybe 5 times a day and its kinda hard for me to wait for the boot up, i usually just close it (sleep) and go away.

Is it ok to always leave it on sleep!?
    Can i damage my MB doing that?

Thanks
    Carlos

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yes, its fine to leave it on sleep. Mine hasn't been powered off for more than a few minutes since I bought it.

3. Germwise macrumors regular

what about the constant drain on the battery?

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

5. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

keeps the battery strong!

if sleep were an issue than the millions of MacBook owners out there would have figured it out by now. Sleep is perfect. just be mindful that the HD doesn't stop spinning IMMEDIATELY

6. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

Most People say its ok and have had good experience with it. The other day I decided to follow suit. Never done this before so yea. When I did it.... after day 1 it was fine.... after day 2 of sleep.... I turned it on and my screen was all scrambled.... I couldn't see anything because the whole screen was distored and I had to force shutdown....

Question for others..... Is it possible the issue was because I require a password to be entered coming back from Sleep?

-Tony

P.S... sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread >_<

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Word.

The only time I shut mine down is when I'll have it packed up for traveling.

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Sleep is the best thing ever!

Never shut down mine and restart only when required by new software or rebooting into Windows.