Should I skip 10.6.4?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by -aggie-, Sep 16, 2010.

1. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just wondering what most members think about 10.6.4. I’ve read all the problems, and I’m not sure it really offers much, so I was thinking of skipping the update and waiting for 10.6.5. Thoughts?

2. Queso macrumors G4

The only problem I had was fixed by the Graphics Update. Which issue are you specifically worried about?

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Everything works fine for me on 10.6.4. Big improvements from 10.6.3, Pro-Tools used to crash constantly, now it runs sweet again.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

5. -aggie- thread starter macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was worried about the SMB server issues I’d read about. I also noted people just saying to stay away from it, but you get comments like that for everything when it comes out, so I didn’t know whether to believe any of it.

6. Queso macrumors G4

I can't speak for anyone else, but the SMB sharing on my MBP has behaved as required on 10.6.4. I don't do anything spectacular though, just occasionally share my home directory so I can transfer files.

7. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I have noticed only that my MBP takes longer to startup, that apple logo stays on for a white but in general I had no issues with it. Also I upgraded to a faster HDD so that slowdown is not noticeable.

If you use Software update a good chance you wont see newer updates if you dont install 10.6.4; for example I couldnt see graphics update until I got 10.6.4

8. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

If you have problems with 10.6.3 or if you like to stay current, then update. If you don't, then it's really up to you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

9. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

If there aren't any specific issues you are worried about, I would go ahead and update to 10.6.4. Remember, this forum is primarily visited by people who have issues. There aren't any large issues that are prevalent. For every person that has a problem, there are tons of people (both on this forum and otherwise) with no problems on 10.6.4 (including me). :)