Should I start crying?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LouTreize, Feb 20, 2008.

1. LouTreize macrumors regular

The one thing i didn't want, was for this to happen...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Support is closed as of this moment and i'm going to flip a bird, any second now.

2. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Uh-oh, that looks bad. What is wrong, exactly? Loos fine to my un-iMac-trained eye.

3. tuxtpenguin macrumors regular

4. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Graphics issue, most probably. This is the first since i bought it in September. I was using a program called iShowU (awesome btw) and when i was done screencasting, everytime i moved the mouse a bunch colored triangles ripped through the screen. Then i opened Firefox and that showed up and i took some pics (look on the right side, all the pics are there but broken up too). Pretty messed up.

The worst part. Is that i use this Mac for work. Everything gets done on this bada** and now i have no idea how i'll manage without it. Oh man. I'm screwed :(

5. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Nothing, like as if nothing happened. I'm tryin to find excused for it to show up again and nothing is happening.

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Egad!!! Another display problem! try this. It will reset your pram - might help.

7. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Looks like a problem with the application to me. Everything outside of the windowed view looks fine.

8. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that. I hope it did something at least :eek:

9. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Ya in the pictures the problem occurs within the app but at times it was all over the screen. It might of been the app i was using (iShowU).../shrugs who knows...thanks

10. tsd macrumors regular

Just get in touch with Apple Care (1-800-aplcare), and describe it. Somewhere in the phone call, mention that you are wondering if it's the Main Logic Board and/or the video card.
    They'll replace it IN YOUR HOUSE, so don't let them force you to drive it anywhere.

11. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Hm. I'm not sure you are having a serious issue at all here. I think iShow is just very graphics intensive, considering what it does. Were you recording for a long time, and or, recording a lot of graphically intense screens? I am wondering if you just ran out of VRAM, which a reboot can fix? Hopefully it won't occur again, and if it does, only when you attempt to record something similar in iShow. I wonder what are the system requirements for this program? Good luck.

12. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Tsd --> Ah, good to know. I won't let that happen. Either that, or give me a temporary replacement :p

Could very well be graphic intensive. But i doubt it's that. I've done long recordings since i first got it a month ago and i never encountered a problem like this. The only thing that changed since i got it, was an update, and that happened before i started recording yesterday. Anyway, i'll play around with it a little more for the next few days. Thanks for the support!

**I can't find the system requirements, I figure, maybe, what i have is more than enough to run this app**

13. $Weezy$YM$ macrumors newbie

$Weezy$YM$

14. dejection2008 macrumors newbie

That's pretty cool. I did something very similar with photoshop one time. The colors were slightly different but the box was more aligned.. Keep up the good work.

15. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Oops! I didn't notice your iMac specs in your sig. I agree it's certainly not an issue of a system lacking power. Nice setup!

16. ghettochris macrumors 6502a

lol

17. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I got that exact same thing when I was trying to run Tiki Mini Golf a 3D game on my Macbook.

18. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Congratulations :rolleyes:

19. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, thanks for your help :)

Hmm, makes me wonder now, if it really is the app. I'd have to run it again for a half hour. Thanks :)

20. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I have. That was almost exactly what my 20" Core Duo iMac did before it stopped booting up altogether and I had to get Apple to replace the failed logic board. :(

I hope it was just a one-off fluke thing in the case of the OP but if it ever happens again I would send it off to Apple in a flash. I didn't bother to buy AppleCare on that machine and it happened 6 weeks out the one year warranty. OUCH!

I've gotten AppleCare on all Macs since. ;)

21. LouTreize thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that. I hope for the same. I'll try to work something out with Apple, if something ends up happening again.

Thanks for the support guys.

22. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

oh yeah? You mean I've been carting every damn mac I've owned for the last decade back and forth after it's latest repair? Somehow I don't buy that- not with Apples hardware issues- they're would be little Apple service vehicles everywhere you turned on the streets-lol..

and I'm not ragging on Apple- I keep buying them knowing darn well they're going to have some sort of hardware issue along the way- such is the life I've chosen.. But I gotta believe that if they actually had a service to come and repair their HW issues they'd been twice as much money as they are now.. I'm just sayin'...

23. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Could you use your mouse? If yes, when you went to the dock did things look normal i.e. genie effects, opening other app's...

With it just being in the app. window, I concur that it may be just the app. / Leopard anomaly.

24. marcg007 macrumors member

If you have a desktop machine...

If you have a desktop Mac (Mac Pro / iMac / possibly even Mac Mini), and you have Apple Care, that includes on site repairs. Apple works with local or regional authorized service people to do onsite repair. There are lots of Consultants and independent contractors who are Apple Certified Techs. Those are the ones Apple sends out.

25. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i have the same background :rolleyes:
    That sucks, i hope you get your issue resolved ASAP!