Should I stay 3.2 jailbroken?

Geoff.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
My ipad is on firmware 3.2 and jailbroken with spirit. Should I restore to 3.2.1 and use jailbreakme or is there no big benefit? I heard it fixes wifi issues?

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Well, do you have any wifi issues ?
If you don't, then why bother updating if all is working.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
Well, do you have any wifi issues ?
If you don't, then why bother updating if all is working.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
if it ain't broke, don't fix it, then all people would have never go forward. :eek:

newdeal

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2009

There is no real reason To upgrade but it definately helps wifi. Sitting in an area of my house where I used to have one bar of signal and now have three bars

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I had a bit of a rough time with my 3.2.1 upgrade then using Jailbreakme... I started getting lots of crashes.

I did a fresh/clean install of 3.2.1 and started over, and the jailbreak took much better.

YMMV

thundermustard

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2008
My ipad is on firmware 3.2 and jailbroken with spirit. Should I restore to 3.2.1 and use jailbreakme or is there no big benefit? I heard it fixes wifi issues?

I cannot see one reason to stay at 3.2 when such an easy jailbreak has arrived.

Geoff.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
I know it's easy but it's a bit of bother to restore rejailbreak and then use a backup which doesn't include music. I don't think I have wifi issues. I don't get a great signal when I'm away from the router but the most annoying thing is the reloading? Do you guys get that? When you open a few tabs and go back into 1 it reloads the page, like it's so unnessary and annoying

larock

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2008
I know it's easy but it's a bit of bother to restore rejailbreak and then use a backup which doesn't include music. I don't think I have wifi issues. I don't get a great signal when I'm away from the router but the most annoying thing is the reloading? Do you guys get that? When you open a few tabs and go back into 1 it reloads the page, like it's so unnessary and annoying
I didn't restore, I just used the update button to bump to 3.2.1. I had no loss of data. Then I used jailbreakme. Worked great.

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
I didn't restore, I just used the update button to bump to 3.2.1. I had no loss of data. Then I used jailbreakme. Worked great.
Did you install Backgrounder? I've heard that is where people are running into issues. Are you using a 3G iPad or wifi only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.