Should I stay 3.2 jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Geoff., Aug 5, 2010.

1. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

My ipad is on firmware 3.2 and jailbroken with spirit. Should I restore to 3.2.1 and use jailbreakme or is there no big benefit? I heard it fixes wifi issues?

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Well, do you have any wifi issues ?
    If you don't, then why bother updating if all is working.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

3. aleni macrumors 68020

if it ain't broke, don't fix it, then all people would have never go forward. :eek:

4. newdeal macrumors 68020

There is no real reason To upgrade but it definately helps wifi. Sitting in an area of my house where I used to have one bar of signal and now have three bars

5. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I had a bit of a rough time with my 3.2.1 upgrade then using Jailbreakme... I started getting lots of crashes.

I did a fresh/clean install of 3.2.1 and started over, and the jailbreak took much better.

YMMV

6. thundermustard macrumors regular

I cannot see one reason to stay at 3.2 when such an easy jailbreak has arrived.

7. Geoff. thread starter macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I know it's easy but it's a bit of bother to restore rejailbreak and then use a backup which doesn't include music. I don't think I have wifi issues. I don't get a great signal when I'm away from the router but the most annoying thing is the reloading? Do you guys get that? When you open a few tabs and go back into 1 it reloads the page, like it's so unnessary and annoying

8. larock macrumors member

I didn't restore, I just used the update button to bump to 3.2.1. I had no loss of data. Then I used jailbreakme. Worked great.

9. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

didnt you have to restore all your cydia apps then?

10. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

No restore here. Update > rejailbreak, reinstall a few things.

11. larock macrumors member

Yes I did have to reinstall my Cydia apps...but overall it wasn't too painful.

12. MattWylde macrumors regular

Did you install Backgrounder? I've heard that is where people are running into issues. Are you using a 3G iPad or wifi only?