Should I stay or should I go

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by John hayman, Aug 20, 2011.

  1. John hayman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2011
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Hello Pro world, as I need a new mac soon, ( lion is the the straw that broke and ageing iMacs back) I was wondering if I should get a MacBook Pro soon, and get £65 gift card or wait for the update hopefully early next year?
     
  2. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    #2
    i always just buy (unless i know for sure something new is coming out very soon). there's always something new on the horizon that you can be waiting for.
     
  3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

    kappaknight

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2009
  4. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

    nicksmolenski

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2010
    Location:
    Connecticut
    #4
    well how much longer do you give the imac to last? like what's been happening with it?

    if you think it can hold out a good 8-9 months then i would wait. if not, just get it.

    what model are you thinking about buying?
     
  5. John hayman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2011
    #5
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Basically the graphics in the 2008 iMac are awful to the extent that I can't use launchpad or mission control and exposé has been removed by apple, I'd probably veggie base MBP and upgrade the ram or add SSD as it is needed.
     
  6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

    jnpy!$4g3cwk

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2010
    #6
    The current 15"/17" model is extremely fast, and, there is talk of making the MBP extremely thin sometime in the next few product cycles, something that I don't look forward to. I would go with the current model.
     
  7. MarocSpecops macrumors newbie

    MarocSpecops

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2011
    #7
    Hint: buy a core i7 2.2 or higher mbp. The other ones are much weaker in overall performance :apple:
     
  8. Jrv macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2011
    Location:
    Long Beach, California
    #8
    Yeah, if you want to spend 1000 dollars more for that.

    Personally, I think the best combo is to buy a 13 inch for portability, then use that 1000 dollars you saved to custom build yourself a desktop that will be more powerful than the more expensive pros anyway, AND you'll have the 13 inch as well.
     

Share This Page