iPad mini Should I stick with my iPad 2 WiFi or get a rMini?

p0x

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I was thinking of trading in a few of my devices to get a rMini to replace my iPad 2. Is the mini that small? I like watching videos, web surfing and plan on taking notes with it. So what should I do?

iWeekend

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
If your 2 is just a little too big, get the Air

If your 2 is a lot too big, get the miniR

p0x

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
If your 2 is just a little too big, get the Air

If your 2 is a lot too big, get the miniR

Should I get a ipad 3 then? My budget is like 300-400 dollars for this. I really want something with a retina display.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Should I get a ipad 3 then? My budget is like 300-400 dollars for this. I really want something with a retina display.
No, iPad 3 is actually a bit heavier than the 2. If money is a concern I'd try the rMini first, keeping in mind you can return it if it turns out to be too small for you. If you feel rMini is too small, at least get an iPad 4 -- it weighs as much as the 3, but is newer tech so should last you longer.

bigboar

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Ohio
I have owned the 4, Air, and now an rmini. I do not see myself ever purchasing a full size ipad again. For me, the rmini is the perfect device but everyone is different. Both devices are excellent and all it comes down to is what size works for you. They are both comparable in performance and both have beautiful displays. You should really go to a store and compare them for yourself and see which would fit your needs the best.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I made the switch from the iPad 2 to rMini just this past week. I had the same concerns as you, that it would not be big enough. Turns out it's the best decision I could have made. The iPad 2 felt incredibly cumbersome when I used it a couple days later to reset it. Then again, it depends on how you will be using it. Your best bet is to try one for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.