iPad mini Should I stick with my iPad 2 WiFi or get a rMini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by p0x, Dec 14, 2013.

1. p0x macrumors member

I was thinking of trading in a few of my devices to get a rMini to replace my iPad 2. Is the mini that small? I like watching videos, web surfing and plan on taking notes with it. So what should I do?

2. iWeekend macrumors regular

If your 2 is just a little too big, get the Air

If your 2 is a lot too big, get the miniR

3. p0x thread starter macrumors member

Should I get a ipad 3 then? My budget is like 300-400 dollars for this. I really want something with a retina display.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No, iPad 3 is actually a bit heavier than the 2. If money is a concern I'd try the rMini first, keeping in mind you can return it if it turns out to be too small for you. If you feel rMini is too small, at least get an iPad 4 -- it weighs as much as the 3, but is newer tech so should last you longer.

5. bigboar macrumors 6502

I have owned the 4, Air, and now an rmini. I do not see myself ever purchasing a full size ipad again. For me, the rmini is the perfect device but everyone is different. Both devices are excellent and all it comes down to is what size works for you. They are both comparable in performance and both have beautiful displays. You should really go to a store and compare them for yourself and see which would fit your needs the best.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

watching video on iPad mini is not good. Big screen is better.

7. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I made the switch from the iPad 2 to rMini just this past week. I had the same concerns as you, that it would not be big enough. Turns out it's the best decision I could have made. The iPad 2 felt incredibly cumbersome when I used it a couple days later to reset it. Then again, it depends on how you will be using it. Your best bet is to try one for a while.

8. JGWolven macrumors regular