Should i stick with my pre-order or go to the store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mgmusicman94, Jun 16, 2010.

  1. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

    Nov 16, 2008
    I pre-ordered last night and like many people the receipt said June 24th but my confirmation email said July 2nd. Should I just go to the store and try to get one without the reservation or should I wait the 8 extra days? Or maybe Apple will make more and move the delivery date up? :confused:
  2. doteyes9 macrumors member

    Dec 2, 2007
    I'm wondering the same thing. Since I included Apple Care with my order, I have to make a decision by then end of today since it ships separately and will arrive in a few days with my iPhone arriving 7/2. Anyone have any clue as to the supply of any stores that will sell the iPhone 4 on launch day?
  3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

    Mar 16, 2008
    Going to the store may not work because what if you do not get one and since you cancelled your guaranteed pre-ordered phone, by the time you get to order again, it may be beyond 7/2.
  4. erzeszut macrumors regular

    Jul 13, 2007
    Given the MacRumors front page story about how they sold 600K yesterday, and that seems higher than anyone expected, I'd guess walk-in supplies will be VERY limited.
  5. mgmusicman94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Nov 16, 2008
    Yeah I haven't cancelled my pre-order but I have a feeling the date might be moved up from 7/2 to some earlier date. They have 7 days to make them and I bet they can make them pretty fast. I'm just trying to stay positive.
  6. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

    Mar 13, 2007
    I'm in the same boat...i pre-oordered after getting a reservation and wondering if i should just cancel the order and line up in the reservation...

    i pre-ordered in ATT so hopefully i can cancel that if i chose to?
  7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040


    Aug 11, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    I would wait for the phone to come but that is just me. My world won't end if i don't get it on the 24th

Share This Page