Should i stick with my pre-order or go to the store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mgmusicman94, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered last night and like many people the receipt said June 24th but my confirmation email said July 2nd. Should I just go to the store and try to get one without the reservation or should I wait the 8 extra days? Or maybe Apple will make more and move the delivery date up? :confused:

2. doteyes9 macrumors member

I'm wondering the same thing. Since I included Apple Care with my order, I have to make a decision by then end of today since it ships separately and will arrive in a few days with my iPhone arriving 7/2. Anyone have any clue as to the supply of any stores that will sell the iPhone 4 on launch day?

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Going to the store may not work because what if you do not get one and since you cancelled your guaranteed pre-ordered phone, by the time you get to order again, it may be beyond 7/2.

4. erzeszut macrumors regular

Given the MacRumors front page story about how they sold 600K yesterday, and that seems higher than anyone expected, I'd guess walk-in supplies will be VERY limited.

5. mgmusicman94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I haven't cancelled my pre-order but I have a feeling the date might be moved up from 7/2 to some earlier date. They have 7 days to make them and I bet they can make them pretty fast. I'm just trying to stay positive.

6. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat...i pre-oordered after getting a reservation and wondering if i should just cancel the order and line up in the reservation...

i pre-ordered in ATT so hopefully i can cancel that if i chose to?

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I would wait for the phone to come but that is just me. My world won't end if i don't get it on the 24th