Should I stick with Safari or..............

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MaximoMark, Jan 24, 2014.

1. MaximoMark macrumors newbie

I recently transferred over from android and am glad i did. IOS in my opinion is just a more polished OS!

I have an iPhone and an iPad mini retina and use safari on both, they both sync together flawlessly. I am jailbroken on both and am aware that I can set my default browser so it may be worthwhile using others. Coming from android I used dolphin browser as I loved having my bookmarks only a swipe away and it's the same on iOS which is a boost.

The only thing I wonder about is not knowing too much about apple and the ecosystem is would using another browser other than Safari be slower for browsing. I do like how Safari looks too.

What do you guys and girls use and why?

Thanks in advance.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Only Safari gets to use the Nitro javascript engine.

All the other API implementations by third party apps are stripped of this speedy feature. There may be other differences. With the latest A6/A7 SOCs... it may not be that much advantage *shrug*

I like mobile Safari.

3. mripadmini macrumors regular

you can use safari if you want, or you can use both. i personally just use safari.

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Nevertheless, if you jailbreak, you can make other browsers also use the engine via the commercial tweak "Nitrous".

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've been happy with Safari, It does the job decently for me.

6. daddyd302 macrumors member

daddyd302

I use chrome on my PC, Note 3 and Ipad mini retina.