Should I still buy Macromedia Studio MX?

Neuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2003
London
I was all set to buy Macromedia Studio MX at work, but not sure now they've been bought by Adobe. The idea of getting a bundle that includes Photoshop and Dreamweaver would be ideal...

I'm guessing they'll have an upgrade path anyway, even if I do buy now.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Strong indications are that an MX Studio 2005 version is only 2-4 months away... Adobe have also stated that they'll run the existing products for a while.

I think there will be an upgrade path so if you need it now, get it now. If you can afford to wait for 10-12 weeks to see how things pan out with the next release, then hold your horses -- pardner! :)

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
Blue Velvet said:
Strong indications are that an MX Studio 2005 version is only 2-4 months away... Adobe have also stated that they'll run the existing products for a while.

I think there will be an upgrade path so if you need it now, get it now. If you can afford to wait for 10-12 weeks to see how things pan out with the next release, then hold your horses -- pardner! :)
Great. I was considering buying Studio MX 2004, but think I'll hang on and get MX 2005. Fingers crossed for better Macintosh performance!

Neuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2003
London
Blue Velvet said:

Ok, thanks. Hmm, I didn't know there was a new version out soon. I really need it now, so I'm going to have to buy, then get an upgrade. Ouch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.