Should I still buy Macromedia Studio MX?

Neuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2003
209
2
London
I was all set to buy Macromedia Studio MX at work, but not sure now they've been bought by Adobe. The idea of getting a bundle that includes Photoshop and Dreamweaver would be ideal...

I'm guessing they'll have an upgrade path anyway, even if I do buy now.
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,922
169
Strong indications are that an MX Studio 2005 version is only 2-4 months away... Adobe have also stated that they'll run the existing products for a while.

I think there will be an upgrade path so if you need it now, get it now. If you can afford to wait for 10-12 weeks to see how things pan out with the next release, then hold your horses -- pardner! :)
 

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
313
0
Blue Velvet said:
Strong indications are that an MX Studio 2005 version is only 2-4 months away... Adobe have also stated that they'll run the existing products for a while.

I think there will be an upgrade path so if you need it now, get it now. If you can afford to wait for 10-12 weeks to see how things pan out with the next release, then hold your horses -- pardner! :)
Great. I was considering buying Studio MX 2004, but think I'll hang on and get MX 2005. Fingers crossed for better Macintosh performance!
 

Neuro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2003
209
2
London
Blue Velvet said:
Strong indications are that an MX Studio 2005 version is only 2-4 months away... Adobe have also stated that they'll run the existing products for a while.

I think there will be an upgrade path so if you need it now, get it now. If you can afford to wait for 10-12 weeks to see how things pan out with the next release, then hold your horses -- pardner! :)
Ok, thanks. Hmm, I didn't know there was a new version out soon. I really need it now, so I'm going to have to buy, then get an upgrade. Ouch.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.