Should I still get the white 3GS considering the overheating/cracks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vandam500, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I'm selling my 3G on Monday and am heading over to the Apple store to pick up a 3GS. I've had my 3G since September and am a little tired of the black color:p. I've been begging for a white iPhone and nows my chance!!!

But all these articles about the white iPhones having problems is a concern for me:( so, whAt should I do????

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm.. mine (White 3G) still has cracks, Apple should replace it. The overheating would likely occur on your 3G, as a lot of it is caused by intensively using applications like games. Do you really need the 3GS is prbly the better of questions.

3. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

dont buy into the fear. get what you want and what makes you happy.

Yes my 1st white 3g had cracks, apple replaced it, in Feb i got a new white 3g, never had any cosmetic issues or overheating problems. My 3GS is white, it doest get hot and it doest show any signs of hairline cracks.

get what makes you happy. its a quality product, if its not right apple will fix it.

4. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Yes, you should. Sometimes we don't realize that this is a forum (and the Internet) where people come to complain and occurrences are blown out of proportion. Not that I'm propositioning that the phones aren't overheating, but we seem to forget that it's a small percentage of actual white iPhone users, although it's clear it's an issue.

If anything happens, like hairline cracks (and although they never replaced mine), you should get a replacement, no problem. ESPECIALLY if your iPhone is changing color.

5. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

If you want the white one get it, I've had the white 3G since day one and one cracks on mine, my 3Gs is fine no overheating.

7. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

8. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Thanks for the responses!! I'm going to be getting the white one! No fear :) and if it is defective like others have said Apple will exchange it:):). Can't wait!!!

9. iPhoneFreak17 macrumors member

iPhoneFreak17

I wanna get the white one too,but I'm hearing all these news about it,I really dont want the black one,hopefully apple does something about this overheating problem....I'll still get the white one anyways:D

10. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Yes yes yes yes and yes GET IT NOWWWWWW!!!!!

11. kristinaishere macrumors newbie

Glad to hear you're getting the white one. I switched from black to white when I got my 3GS and have been quite pleased. No overheating, no cracks, which is very lucky since I'm so attached to it I don't know if I could bring it in for a replacement! :p

12. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Got the white 16gb 3gs. Love it, no issues so far.

13. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yeah! Thats the one I am going to get :)

14. Mac-Lady macrumors member

If thats the one you want get it, I went from the white 3g to a black 32gb iphone I love it. White was to hard to keep looking good for me. The invisible shield looks terrible on the white iphone after a couple months.
    Get the one you want and be happy with your choice, these problems are not just happening to the white iphone they are just seen easier on the white phone.