Should I swap my 13 inch, 2.0 GHz Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chezhoy, Jun 12, 2009.

1. chezhoy macrumors regular

chezhoy

I have the 13 inch 2.0 GHz with 250 GB Hard Drive, and upgraded the RAM. I paid $1500 for mine, with a military discount. Should I swap mine? I got mine in mid to late April. Is it worth the swap? I don't want money back, just the upgrades equivalent to what I paid or get a 15 inch that's around the same price. I got mine on Apple.com.

I can get a 13 inch, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB memory, 250 GB Hard Drive...all Standard!!! for cheaper than what I paid for mine.

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

You can't swap the uMB for a newer model. You're about three weeks too late.

If you sell yours on EB or CL, you will take a big BOHICA on it; 2.0 uMB's are going for $1K or less here in OKC. The add ons may add a bit to yours, but I wouldn't be terribly sure of that.

So, you can take a major hit on a machine with a performance difference that in all likelihood you won't even notice with features you may not even care about. Or, you can chill and get all of the use out of your machine that you can.

Technology in general goes out of its way to punish early adopters, and Apple is no different. Get all of the use out of your machine that you can, and in the meanwhile start slowly saving your money for the mb octo processor or whatever else will be released when your current one is no longer cutting the mustard.

3. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Always trying to stay at the latest hardware revision is a tough and ultimately losing game. I say get the most out of what you have and wait a couple of revisions, until the specs on yours are really outdated, before upgrading.

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Should I swap it!?!?!?!?!?!?

So these are the threads were gonna have to see every day now....:rolleyes:

Be happy with what you have... Dont think your computer doesnt do what you need it to do now! It worked fine and you were perfectly happy with it a week ago right?