Should I Swap My Iphone 3G for a New One?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nowstime, Mar 13, 2009.

1. nowstime macrumors regular

Hi!

I had some problem with my iPhone 3G and on my second visit to the Apple store they decide to swap my iPhone with a new one. I had some problems with my touch screen and volume switch (comes and goes).

But the assistant told me that I would get a NEW OR REBURBISHED iPhone. I searched several forums and found out that the new phone comes in a generic white box but the phone itself looks brand new.

Any people who had a swap experience? I'm just hesitant since I might get a refurbished phone. The assistant said new or refurbished but I'm pretty sure it will be a repackaged reburbished phone. I can live with my phone in its current state but it wouldn't hurt to swap with a new phone.

BTW, if I have a business account, would I need to contact AT&T that I did a phone swap or the exchange of SIM card do all the work?

Thanks in advance~~~

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

why is a refurb that works perfectly worse than a new that works badly?

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

You don't need to contact AT&T for anything.

Also, unless there is something actually wrong with your phone, you can't just walk into the Apple Store and ask for a replacement. What do you think this is?

4. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Totally understand your dilemma.

My handset developed a crack on the back casing, which obviously was only cosmetic and didn't effect the operation of the phone at all.

I swithered about asking about getting it exchanged, as for some reason I get quite attached to things. Hard to explain, but that phone was mine, I waited in the queue for it on launch day, it was my phone and I didn't think I really wanted a refurbed handset.

However, the crack annoyed me and I did eventually go and get it swapped out. There is every chance the replacement I got was a refurb, but there is absolutely no way you could tell. It was absolutely as new and most likely the only thing reused was the innards ie. new casing and screen must be fitted.

In short, don't worry about getting a refurb, there are every bit as good a brand new handset.

:)