Should I switch and upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Should I switch and upgrade?

1. switch to Verizon + iPhone 4s

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. switch to Verizon + iPhone 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. stay with AT&T + iPhone 4s upgrade

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. stay with AT&T + iPhone 4 keep

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

So I have an AT&T iPhone 4 which sucks and been waiting for iPhone 5 and possibly switch to Verizon then. But now that there is no iPhone 5, what shall I do?

1. Do I sell my iPhone 4 and upgrade to iPhone 4s but still remain on AT&T? I really hate AT&T coverage in my area. Sorry for my ignorance but am I eligible for the iPhone 4S discounted pricing or do I still have to pay full price because I'm just upgrading? I got my iPhone 4 the first time it came out.

2. Do I sell my iPhone 4 and switch to Verizon and get the iPhone 4s? I guess I have to pay the AT&T ETF, not sure how to calculate the ETF I have to pay around this time. Like I said, I got the iPhone 4 the first time it came out.

3. Do I sell my iPhone 4 and switch to Verizon and get the same old iPhone 4 and hopefully not have to wait long for iPhone 5? Does Verizon has the same upgrade policy as AT&T if I upgrade my iPhone 4 with Verizon to iPhone 5 sometime in the future? How does it work let's say iPhone 5 comes out next year?

4. Or do I just keep my current iPhone 4 and stay with the horrible AT&T till iPhone 5 comes out?

It's not like I really need all the new iPhone 4s features, it's just I'm really frustrated with my current AT&T and so even if I still have the old iPhone 4 but as long as my network coverage is good, then I'll be fine, just need everyone's opinion. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

personally i'd wait for iPhone 5 if you already have a 4, no point in switching to Verizon for 2 year contract and be stuck with the 4s when the inevitable 4G iPhone 5 drops next year.....

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

This should answer your question about carriers.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I love making peoples decisions. I feel so important.

Next time you need a suggestion on investment there is this Mad Mac Maniac investment fund that has been known to skyrocket your investment. PM me for the details.

5. steeler macrumors regular

Assuming we will wait roughly a full year before the next iPhone is released, I'd wait. You'll be out of our current contract and can move to Verizon without penalty. As others have said, by then you may be able to select an LTE capable iPhone with Verizon. That's what I'm looking forward to.