Should I switch from T-Mo to AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrangeSVTguy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Was looking to pick up a used 3Gs and unlock it so I can use it on T-Mo but I was on the Apple site and really liking the iPhone4 and doing some price option comparisons with my T-Mo account. I'm paying roughly $63 for unlimited text/web and 500 anytime minutes(free night and weekends).

I don't have a contract and really don't want to sign a 2 year with AT&T but then I will also have to keep my phone for 2 years. Was looking at the 16gb for $199 and the 450 minutes will be plenty but 200 texts isn't enough but 1500 is too much... 2gb will be fine as 200mb isn't. So I'm looking at $69.99/m + fees/taxes and I'll get a cool new iPhone and 3G access for around $10 more a month.

Don't know what I should do :confused: Thanks :apple: :p

2. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

I would do it, it's only $10 more a month. I'm on AT&T and love it, even though they don't have 3G in my rural area. Love having rollovers and mobile to mobile. Everyone I know is on AT&T, so I use like 15 minutes a month.

3. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Well I reserved one. Do I call AT&T now since I wanted to transfer my old number? Or will the Apple guy do all that for me in the store when I go pick it up?

I'm guessing there will be a long line...

4. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

That's done when you buy the phone.

5. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

AT&T will. You need a copy of your T-Mo bill with you when you sign the contract in order for the number to be ported.