Should I switch to mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eeden, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Eeden macrumors newbie

I was ready to buy a macbook pro today. I will use it for photo editing and office apps.

But I'm a little confused with all the negative reactions on this forum.

A macbook pro is alot expensiver than a windows machine.

Is it still worth the switch?
    :confused:

2. markgamber macrumors 6502

I think so. I went through a string of typical laptops....HP, Dell, etc....and not one really left me feeling good about it. In every case, some hardware or another failed relatively soon after purchase and try taking anything back to any of those big box stores for warranty repair. So the last time I said screw it, coughed up the money and got a Macbook Pro and so far I've been real happy with it. It's fast and reliable and while I put OS X on it, I spend most of my time using Windows under VMWare's Fusion. That's fast enough for my purposes, also, and if it wasn't, I could dual boot.

So I'd say if you have the money, yes, it's worth it when compared to all but the most expensive "other" laptops. And you can run Windows under OS X on a Macbook Pro. You can't practically run OS X under Windows on something else. I've tried, it's way, way, way slow.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Apple sets out to be innovative and that means not everyone gets the features/price they want.

If the new MacBook Pro features and price work for you, then go ahead and buy it.

I spent a lot of money on my Mac, but I'm still using it after 5 years without any worries of viruses or blue screens, like I had with a PC.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

A lot of the negative responses are typically from folks like myself who have invested in certain things and loved certain features that are missing.

If you are switching, you will not be missing those items like I do :)

5. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Seriously, if thats what your going to use it for then get a regular Macbook.

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

+1 that.

7. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

8. belvdr macrumors 601

Oh, just go Vista. You know you want it... :)

Seriously, if it fits your needs, who cares what others think? They are not the ones using it, are they?