should i switch to rapidweaver from iweb?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by NumeroTen, Jan 6, 2011.

1. NumeroTen macrumors member

NumeroTen

hey guys i run the website http://www.numeroten.com/_.html on iweb, and I've been contemplating on switching to rapidweaver since its only $40 on the mac app store. should i do it? iweb has been holding me back with SEO and its annoying me, but will it be easy to transfer a whole site? Please give me some advice thx!

2. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

Disappointed with the lack of iWeb updates, I too looked at Rapidweaver. I looked at their website and downloaded the demo. Unfortunately, RapidWeaver does not have the same drag & drop functionality or WYSIWYG interface that iWeb uses. To me, it looks clunky and linear.

Before the RapidWeaver fans jump in to defend their product, I'm sure it its a powerful program with loads of support. It also has what appears to be a steep learning curve, coming from iWeb.

And now the app store thinks I have the full version of RapidWeaver installed. Oh, joy.

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Rapidweaver is excellent - however .... the price you pay is just for the App, you will need to spend more money on fancy themes and plugins that make it the app of choice

iWeb is free with every Mac so you decide

4. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

If you're worried about SEO then use a program from Rage called, iWeb SEO Tools. It's free and adds meta tags for page title, keywords, descriptions, images and allows you to insert analytic code.

http://www.ragesw.com/products/iweb-seo-tool.html

5. NumeroTen thread starter macrumors member

NumeroTen