Should I switch to Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by generalsmart, Aug 19, 2015.

1. generalsmart macrumors regular

I've been with AT&T since getting the original iPhone in 2008. Before that, I was a Verizon user. I'm thinking of switching back, because it seems like Verizon has caught up with AT&T in terms of technology, has much broader coverage, and now you can even use voice and data at the same time? Should I switch? Any reason not to switch?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Mainly it will come down to how good the service is for you in places where you use your devices. Perhaps also how you find their customer service, depending how often you might need it and what experience you get (since it varies for everyone no matter what the provider really is).

Aside from that, pricing will play a role since while they are fairly similar in terms of plans and prices, there are differences, especially currently with new plans/prices that were just rolled out by both carriers. How you are getting the phones might play a role too as there are some differences when it comes to the financing details (Next vs. Edge) and contract options.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can use voice and data only on LTE area. If your signal gets low and phone decides to switch to cdma your phone call will disconnect.
    I wouldn't switch to them, they are the most expensive and most anti consumer carrier out there.
    If anything I'd look at Tmobiles plans and coverage area.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

I switched from Verizon to AT&T several months ago. In Boston, I find that AT&T is faster and more reliable than Verizon has been. There's no guarantee that Verizon is better in your particular area.
    When I was considering switching, I signed up for an AT&T plan but didn't end my Verizon plan, and compared directly.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I switched to VZW a while back b/c their rural coverage was far better than anyone else's in my area. Also, their LTE was so widespread that I'm rarely never on it. They can be a little more expensive than others, but TBH, I'm currently getting 3.5GB's of data plus unlimited talk/text with 2 iPhones and my final bill (taxes, fees, and all) is $100. I don't usually have to contact customer service, but when I have it's been positive or neutral.

It really comes down to best coverage for you #1, then price #2 (for most folks).

Also, I have such cheap data bc I renewed during their iPhone data promotion last year, so that might be worth waiting for to get the best rates. Most carriers are generally trying to undercut each other to cannibalize iPhone customers when new phones launch.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Each carrier has approx 100 million customers each. Apparently, they work for lots of folks. To say one is better than the other is of little value here. As said above, there are SOME situations where one works better than others.

to be honest, the number of folks that come here with this question day after day is crazy.