Should i take it in?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mvaj92, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mvaj92 macrumors member

hi, i have a refurbished macbook, that i got in April of this year. Lately it has been acting up, with some of these problems:
    -When i open it from sleep, the screen remains black, and i have to restart it to get it back to normal.
    -The top menu bar is sometimes pushed to the left, leaving empty space on the top side.
    -Firefox has been rendering web pages very slowly, and half of them in basic text. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, so im not sure firefox is the problem.

I've been considering taking it to the apple store, I'm still in my 90 day period,but im not sure if these problems constitute a trip to the store, or if they could be remedied with other methods.

Specs are: 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB Ram, Combo Drive

Thanks for any help.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The sooner you get to the Apple Store or get it shipped out, the better. :eek:

3. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

5. mvaj92 thread starter macrumors member

sounds like i ought to take it in lol. and no, i dont have an external monitor.

6. Luzzio macrumors regular

Luzzio

Yeah, I'm quite curious as to whether they replace faulty refurbs with non-refurbs... keep us posted!

7. mvaj92 thread starter macrumors member

ok i'll keep yall updated, probably take it in this weekend. Thanks for the replies. :D

8. mvaj92 thread starter macrumors member

Just took it in, using the quick drop (Didn't know you had to make an appointment lol). Said it would get looked at in a few days. Here is Reason:

When you wake the computer up from sleep, the screen goes black. The home screen is sometimes off in the top right corner and there is a black space in the top left corner. Having major problems with firefox- has re-installed and uninstalled several times.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon :(

9. MacBooksRock macrumors regular

Good luck with getting it fixed! Apple Support is superb.