Resolved Should I take my MacBook Pro back to Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KeegM480, Nov 6, 2013.

1. KeegM480, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

So I am absolutely furious.

I had to take my MacBook Pro in for a repair, it appeared to need a new Logic Board and Screen, it didn't, just an incompatible app.

Got the computer back and then found out it was just a software issue, my screen wasn't lined up. So I took it in and had the screen Re Aligned.

Now my screen is loose. it is very light feeling, display closes too quickly.

What should I ask Apple to do? $100 worth of gas for absolutely no reason. I am passed angry right now...

2. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Is this the new MacBook Pro haswell?

3. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Call up the apple customer service number. Tell them exactly what you said here and they will do something. I had a bad experience in the store and they did everything they could in making it up to me. They sent me a 2TB G drive for free and when I picked up my laptop I picked out an 80 bag they gave me for free as well.

For all the **** one might go through.... Apple does have good customer service.... at least from my experience they did.

4. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

So I probably wouldn't have any difficulty convincing them to get me a Magic Mouse? :) Been wanting on of those haha

nope, the one in my signature, 15" non retina from 2011.. Issue with Mavericks update caused everything.

5. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Probably not. I would say.... Look, I could have gotten the magic mouse I wanted but instead had to waste the money in gas to get back and forth for your piss poor repairs.

6. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Why would you waste $100 worth of gas when you could simply call Apple Care, ask for a shipping box and send to a Service Center?

7. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Wasn't told about that. I have been on 15+ hours with applecare, no joke. That was never mentioned to me...

8. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

To keep you guys updated, Apple Store manager apologized. My screen is now working and 3 weeks later my computer is fully fixed. For my troubles and wasted gas, they are giving me a Magic Mouse, and then for my $50 decal being removed they are giving me a wired keyboard.

So overall a terrible experience but Apple did honor their warranty and offered compensation for how bad of an experience this was. So Apple managed to keep me haha