should i take this iphone back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vick77, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Vick77 macrumors member

Hi, I've had my iPhone almost 4 months and had no problems at all, however since yesterday my iphone has been acting wierd...

I live in university accommodation, and whenever I'm in my own room it acts as though I have no reception, as in my reception shows full but I can't make or receive calls and none of my text messages come through. Also I have noticed a vast decrease in battery life, I really can't understand what the problem is because I've been using my phone in my room without fault for the last couple of months, and it has full reception. It's only since yesterday.

I'm not sure whether to take it back to o2 or not, there's no apple store within close distance to me, and I have no insurance, if this is a fault, would my warranty cover it?

Any help is appreciated

2. ryan.hayes79 macrumors member

3. Vick77 thread starter macrumors member

no not yet, how do i go about doing that? would i lose my data?

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

go into itunes and restore. no you wont lose data as it syncs with your computer. just the first sync would take some time which is understandable

5. Vick77 thread starter macrumors member

I just tried to restore it, but it said "could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (1602)" also it's now crashed on a screen showing the apple cable and an itunes symbol. Even if i force close the iphone, and turn it back on, it turns on again on the frozen screen.

Does it look like I need to take this back to the o2 store?

6. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

AT&T has been having issues in some areas lately. Dropped calls in random places with normally great reception, emails not being retrieved, etc. Give it a day or two to work itself out. In the meantime, try a restore.

My phone was acting about the same and I restored and gave it a day and it was back to normal.

7. Vick77 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your replies, I did a restore but am still having the same problems so I guess I'll just wait a couple of days before taking it to o2.

8. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Dont take it to O2, they are clueless. Take it straight to Apple.

9. daisuke07 macrumors regular

Take it to Apple and they will probably just give you a new one unlike AT&T.

10. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Being they are in Europe somewhere I don't think AT&T has much to do with it.

AT&T is NOT warranty service for the iPhone, the salesdrones SHOULD have mentioned that. My local AT&T store said after 30 days you will need to goto an :apple: store or deal w/ :apple: on line for iPhone related issues about 3 times while i was getting my iPhone.