Should I trade for MBA11 for iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mello1me, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Mello1me, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011

Mello1me macrumors member

I have MBA 11 base modle and i was offered to trade for the 21.5 imac with 4gb 500gb(last years model) should i do it? Is there some things that i should look out for with that imac?

please let me know your thoughts,
    -mike

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

There is no way to answer your question based on the lack of useful information given. The iMac and the Macbook Air are different machines for different purposes. If you cannot decide if you need a desktop or a laptop, maybe you should just stick with what you have. From a specifications standpoint it is unlikely it will make a difference.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Ask yourself what you use a computer for. Do you need power or portability? A large screen or flexibility? What do you actually do when you are sitting in front of that screen? Is space for a desktop an issue? The answers to these questions (and doubtless, others) will determine whether you should accept this offer.

Cheers

4. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

We have no information to go on. They are both computers, in order to give relative help, we need to have some basics.

Such as

1) what do you use it for
    2) why did you choose the MBA in the first place
    3) is it not performing the tasks you bought it for?
    4) why are you attracted to the iMac?

the iMac is hard to fit in a backpack... :)

I cannot imagine being confined to a desk in just one location.

5. Mello1me, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011

Mello1me thread starter macrumors member

Heres some more info... im am more looking to see if they are worth about the same. taking into consideration that the imac is much more powerful but older and that my MBA is newer but less powerful and about to be refreshed. and yes i know they are completely different machines thats why im posting here. Dummy.

Heres some more info... im am more looking to see if they are worth about the same. taking into consideration that the imac is much more powerful but older and that my MBA is newer but less powerful and about to be refreshed.

Good point i should of gave some more information. im just wondering about the value of both. since the imac is more powerful and older and my mba is less powerful and newer but about to be refreshed.

Also, i am doing more and more video editing these days and the mba just cant cut it.

6. Psilocybin, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011

Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

If it can't cut it it appears you already made up your mind

7. BlakeBrattina macrumors 6502a

Boom goes the dynamite