Should I trade my iPhone 4???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lympero, Jun 26, 2011.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Hello
    I have a 10 month old iPhone 4 32gb. A friend of mine got the sgs2 and he hasn't opened it yet and he is willing to trade it for my iPhone 4. I'm reAlly confused! I know sgs2 has duAl core etc and of course is brand new but I hAve iPhone since launch and I am so used to it as bored as well!

On the other hand, I dont use my iPhone 4 too much since I bought the iPad. Plus I hate the lag animation since 4.3.3 update.

Anyone has made the change And is happy with sgs2????
    Is the lag worse with ios5?

Ps. I love the battery life of my iPhone.

2. AreYouIn?, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Why not ask him to let you play with it for a while. See if you like it. I too am bored as hell with iOS.

3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

If you're bored I would say go for it. From my experiences Android has more to do and customize so I guess it'll keep you somewhat entertained for longer. SGS2 is a great phone as well.

4. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

He wants to sell it or trade it so he keeps it in the box!

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Id trade it. Play with it for a good week or so and find out how it works and what you can do and it will take some getting used to since you have only used iPhone/iPad.
    If you dont like it, you will get more money for it than you will your iPhone.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wouldn't.
    If you're used to iOS you will be back to the iPhone.

7. lilsooner98 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anything different from iOS is good! iOS is so boring, I'm switching to an HTC Inspire 4G

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

The Galaxy S2 would be the "perfect" 2011 phone IF it had at least a qHD screen to go along with the super OMELD.

Frankly can't believe it's running the standard android resolution while the newer "super Android" phones like the Moto Atrix, the HTC Sensation and others are supporting qHD (540x960) resolution.

I sold my iphone 4 last month (just got bored with it, I have and iPad 2 to keep me in the iOS game).

But the iPhone 4 has the best screen (640X960) resolution. At least Samsung should have increased the resolution.

9. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

As far as resolution goes I don't mind the resolution on the SGS2, the Super Amoled Plus display makes up for it, but I guess it's all just personal opinion.

10. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

Has anyone used iPhone 4 with ios5? My major concern about iPhone is the lag animation on 4.3.3 I just can't live with it! if they fix this then I'll be happy till iPhone 6!

11. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I think you should make the trade for two simple reasons: 1) It's an upgrade to a better phone. 2) If you make the trade and you don't like it, you can easily sell it for $700 plus.

12. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Regarding point 1, my real issue with Samsung is that, as opposed to say HTC they seem to use a lot of cheap-feeling plastic. If I am going to spend $600+ on a phone (assuming I am not eligible for a "subsidized" phone under contract) I want my phone to feel well constructed. My iPhone 4 is beautifully constructed, albeit in a very impractical way (why the hell is the back not made of the equivalent of "gorilla glass"?)

With respect to your point 2) in order to get $700 plus he is going to have to sell it really quickly. The thing with Android phones is that every month or few months a new, hotter, better, model comes out. Not instant obsolescence but a far quicker track to one's phone being outdated.

13. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

MY Galaxy S2 is on eBay right now (item 150623949829). I loved it but is a few days went back to my Blackberry. The SG2 has the best screen of any device I have ever used and is NOT tied to iTunes:eek:

14. vistadude macrumors 65816

Your friend must be dumb or knows something you don't if he's willing to trade a $600 brand new unlocked SG2 for your iphone 4. I would do the trade if it really is the phone he says it is and if it's brand new. Since you already have an ipad, i'm sure having two apple mobile devices must be boring already.

15. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I gave my daughter my iPhone4 and bought a HTC Inspire a while back. After trying to like the Inspire, I traded it for another iPhone4. Not sure what was I thinking, but I will never ever do that again.