Should I trade my iPhone??

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by lympero, Nov 16, 2012.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Hey all, I'm an iPhone user since 2008 and currently I have an iphone 4s 32gb. I also have a MacBook pro and IPad so I use iCloud etc a lot.

A friend of mine got a brand new galaxy s3(international version) and he wants trade it with my iPhone. Im really bored of my iPhone and its tiny screen and I really need to be able to read books on my phone, which apparently can't be made on iPhone.

However i have some concerns. My iPhone lasts almost two days, usage 6.30 hours roughy. I had a desire for like 10 days two years ago and battery was horrible. Will s3 last a day? Meaning 6.30AM till 23.00 PM?

Has anyone else made the same jump from iOS to android and is still happy??!

Thanks

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

My middle brother made the iPhone 4s to SIII leap three weeks ago. He seems to be very happy with it, but it's important to note that the two OSs are very different. You can do most of the same stuff, but you do it differently.

Having just set up my Nexus 4 today (my first Android phone), I find that months of using the Nexus 7 (tablet) prepared me, but not 100%. Things are all equivalent, but it's a different vibe. I like it, but you might not. Depends on how attached you are to iOS. I like both OSs and am trying out Android for a while on the phone end.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

S3 is a good phone, I'm personally a bigger fan of the Note 2 for things like reading eBooks and web browsing, plus the battery life is better. I think the Note 2 is a better overall Android experience due to the slightly faster internals but I'd say definitely make the trade. I switched from iOS after 4 years (iPhone 3G, 4) to the Note 2 and I'm really happy, it's exceeded my expectations even going into it believing it was the best device on the market!

4. OceanView macrumors 65816

The S3 will last a day but your use may depend on how you use it.
    The thing is, you can use spare batteries if you need to on the S3 while you don't have that option on the iPhone.

Sounds like a good opportunity to try out an S3.

5. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

Note 2 is very very good but too big for my hands!

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Then you'll love the S3, the international version is the bomb!

7. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

Battery life is going to depend on usage. For me, it lasts the whole day most of the time. Occasionally, I would charge it up before the end of the day.

8. cnev3 macrumors 6502

I think everyone should try Android and iOS and stick to what they like. So definitely, try Android, if you've never owned one before.

I owned an iOS device, tried Android, didn't like it, and went back. But for other people, it could be a different experience.

9. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

I read some the rumors about s4 and I think I'll wait for it.

5inch 1080p, quad core 2ghz, 3gb ram and 3200 battery!

10. michaeljohn macrumors 6502

Thats not going to happen and even if it did, it wont be released for another 6 months anyways.

11. jpross123 macrumors member

jpross123

If you are tired of the iPhone, the S3 is a great alternative

12. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Please do share with us why and how you know this won't happen. Rumors have been saying it'll be released in February if I'm not mistaken.

13. michaeljohn macrumors 6502

If you believe this, you must believe the iPhone 5s with a 4.3 inch screen, A6x quadcore and 720p display is being released in March right? I mean, thats what all the rumors say :rolleyes:

14. dalbir4444 macrumors 6502a

What's with the attitude? You made a claim that it is impossible for the S4 to have those specs as if you had some insider information.

15. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Obviously I don't know for sure but the rumored S4 sounds too good to be true. 3GB of RAM? 2GB is more than enough. 1080p screen, probably. Larger battery, yes. 2GHz quad core? Overkill. 1.6-1.8 is already pushing it. We'll *wait* and see.