Should i try and sell my school an iphone app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ADAADW, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ADAADW macrumors member

Hey so my school has many websites that need to be accessed on a daily basis (school email, assignment posts...) and going from one to the next has been a real pain. I decided to make an iphone app to consolidate all of these and added some more stuff that talks about the location, twitter/RSS feeds. It didnt take me too long but im wondering if i should try to sell them the app since there is no official one for the school. It does look fairly professional and i like the way it looks. Thanks for the thoughts!

2. North Bronson macrumors 6502

Have you considered a license? You build the entire software to navigate and organize the school information. Offer to post the application for free to iTunes. Wait to see if the application is approved and then start approaching other schools. Show them the work that you did with your school. Offer to license the software to these schools for a small fee. You retain the copyright for the software that you wrote.

3. ADAADW thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the advice, thats not a half bad idea. I was also considering a web app since it would be able to reach more people with android phones as well. Anyways thank you though, ill see what i can do