Should I try to exchange my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SgtRios, Jul 21, 2007.

1. SgtRios macrumors newbie

Ok So I dropped my iphone and the metal trim got scratched pretty bad. Well my phone I have about 6 e-mail set up and one of my emails when I put the optional password it crashes to the main screen. I am sure there is a way to fix that problem but I was going to use that as an excuse to get a NEW Iphone. My only fear is that I get a Phone with the LCD screen that starts with a "7" The checkered Dots. I currently have a version 5755136 and I have no dots. Is there a way to know what LCD version the phone has by looking at the closed box. Also what other excuse can I use to switch the phone just in case my email crash excuse doesnt work?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If the iPhone has visible user caused damage it will be almost impossible to get them to replace it.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Doesn't sound very honest to me.

Besides, Apple isn't going to replace your iPhone for a software glitch - they'll just tell you to do a restore.

4. SgtRios thread starter macrumors newbie

I just talked to 1 AT&T Store and they said they will exchange it but will chrage me a 10% restocking fee. I am not willing to pay the 10%. The apple store is about 2 hours away.

5. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Doesn't hurt to try, the worse thing that can happen is they say no.

When do you think iPhones will start showing up on the refurb list at the apple online store?