Should I try to get my iPod Fixed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ErikCLDR, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Here are my issues

- Will randomly stop playing songs even though the screen says its playing and the volume is up
    - The above happens to certain songs all the time
    - Album Art always flickers
    - When I try to adjust my volume sometimes it makes the music sound scratchy and cut out (headphones are in good condition)
    - It freezes fairly often
    - It has the current software
    - Restoring the iPod does nothing to solve these issues

I'm really tired of these issues. At first I thought the update would solve the problems but now it seems like i have more.

2. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I would take it in. I don't know what they'll say/do but they should do something...just be nice about it.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i second that too, explain what s happening to them i thin they should be able to do something for you, after all it is a one year warranty.. you didn t drop it did you? specially for the screen flcikering if they can see it clearly since you say it always happens they should get ir repaired. but be nice about it, where d u get it from?

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Agreed!

Being nice is the easiest/quickest way to get help. Techs will bend over backwards for nice people (usually) but mean people always have more problems and longer wait times. Sad but true Ive been a tech for about 7 years now.

5. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

It could be possible your songs are messing up because of their format or perhaps they were converted from another format before and the conversion process didn't go so well. I had a similar problem where only a few songs would just mess up and not play properly like that, I replaced those with new files and then they worked perfectly. As for the Album Art, check it in iTunes to see if it's displaying properly. Also if you put it in yourself and it's a really big file (>100kb or so I say) it might do that. It may still be worth trying to get your iPod fixed/replaced though.