SHould i Ugrade from jailbroken 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mrdorunjr, Aug 20, 2008.

1. mrdorunjr macrumors newbie

hey just wondering if i should upgrade to the new 2.0 software from my jailbroke 1.1.4. is it worth it? i just love all the things ive done to customize everything on it and im not sure if i hvae teh skill to jailbreak the 2.0 software with w/e method is being used. if u think it is worth it. would someone be able to tell me exactly how to jailbreak it from there?

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Keep the 1.1.4, its more stable.

3. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

I agree.Keep with 1.1.4 ,im runnin 2.0 n honestly its a waste of tym its very unstable with regards 2 cydia and installer ,personally i would love 2 downgrade bt im interested as 2 the future development of 2.0 ,the apple app store is awesome tho

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Lots of 2s in there. 2.0 just might do that to you.

To the OP: If you are happy with the features you currently have, stay for a bit longer. If you want to have a more expandable platform or like any of the features of 2.0, then definitely upgrade. 2.0.2 is pretty stable compared to the 1.1.4 jailbreak. I don't think there is a jailbreak for 2.0.2, but I don't see a need for it other than themes.

5. mrdorunjr thread starter macrumors newbie

id be glad to upgrade as the app store seems really cool. but i just completely LOVE customize. and if there is any customize programs in the app store thatd be sweet, but im prettyy sure there isnt. so i might just hang around with my 1.1.4 until either customize works for 2.0.2 or theres on in the app store

6. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Well, an app like Customize would be breaking the terms of the App Store, so it will never happen, but the 2.0.2 jailbreak will be out in a few days, and you can use either WinterBoard (like summerboard but better) or Customize (not completely compatible yet).

7. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

I have downgraded from 2.0 to 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 today. 1.1.1 always seems to work best for me.