Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Update: I recalibrated and also turned off push and reset phone and turned push back on. The combo of both has fixed my issues and all is well. Thanks a lot fellas!!

agtprvctr

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Update: I recalibrated and also turned off push and reset phone and turned push back on. The combo of both has fixed my issues and all is well. Thanks a lot fellas!!

just to clarify by "reset" you mean reboot the phone? also, the push toggle in question is the one found in the mail settings under fetch new data? thanks

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I apologize if this is something you have already taken into account, but are you sure the increased battery drain isn't just because you're messing around with it more? When I'm fooling around with JB stuff, uploading themes, trying out new features, etc., my battery life plummets. But when I'm just using it like normal its not so bad.

I have a bunch of JB mods running and do have reduced battery life, but since I find the JB features too useful to give up I just bought a Mophie Juice Pack Air. Now I never have to worry and I can surf and use the phone to my heart's content.

My recommendation is to settle back into your regular usage patterns before deciding the battery drain is too great.

PS. If you want the best of both worlds, there are a few things you can do. Turn of all the MobileSubstrate extensions with SBSettings > More > MobileSubstrate Add Ons; boot into Safe Mode which disables all MS extensions and should leave you with a stock phone; if you are on a 2G/3G and have used SBSetting to turn on the battery % meter, turn that off. Mobile Substrate is the environment that lets you modify the system, WinterBoard and SBSettings are two examples of MS extensions.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
u should unjailbreak for the following reasons
-get ur warranty back, cuz if something goes wrong where its completely busted while its been jailbroken, ur out a few hundred bucks.
-get ur battery life- depends what you have installed i took of winterboard and see a big improvement stil have sbs settings on my phone
-avoid slow phone - my phone seems fine from day one.
-avoid the iphone worm again to avoid the SSH worm change your SSH password
-stick with apple's defaults to ensure ur safe use of the iphone what do you mean by that?
-avoid downloading illegal/pirated apps again you have to put in a right source and install certaint programs
-avoid getting hacked, which is possible only on jailbroken phones
no its not like i stated before change your SSH pass word or dont install it and you will be fine.
your staments are so false its not even funny or the chances are very rare atleast. Try googling before you post ridicules stuff like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.