Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ay98182

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
Hey everyone,

I want to sell my iPhone 3G 8GB on eBay - it's currently locked to O2, so should I pay the £15 or so fee to unlock it officially first (is it worth it?), or jailbreak it, or just let the buyer unlock it themselves?

Also, how much do you think I can get for it? It's in good condition (some wear, but no scratches on the screen) and works perfectly, but has a crack on the back that's noticeable if you look closely?

Any advice appreciated!

milamber

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Yes you should unlock it. If you can jailbreak it too that would increase it's value!

I think a good rule of thumb for phones is that they tend to drop £10 every month. So that should be a rough guide!

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2010
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I want to sell my iPhone 3G 8GB on eBay - it's currently locked to O2, so should I pay the £15 or so fee to unlock it officially first (is it worth it?), or jailbreak it, or just let the buyer unlock it themselves?

Also, how much do you think I can get for it? It's in good condition (some wear, but no scratches on the screen) and works perfectly, but has a crack on the back that's noticeable if you look closely?

Any advice appreciated!
Definitely unlock it so it will increase the number of people looking to buy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.