iPad Should I update 7.0.6 to 7.1.2 before it is too late?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tatsh, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Tatsh macrumors member

Jan 28, 2011
    Just wondering. I have an iPad Air on evasi0n 7.0.6 working okay, no issues. I am just wondering if there are any major updates to get since 7.0.6 (security, etc). And all this before Apple closes the signing window.

I have my process of recovering after a re-jailbreak (DFU, restore, reinstall Cydia packages, etc), but I still don't know if it's worth it. On my iPhone 5S I have generally found the Pangu jailbreak crashes a lot more often (could be tweaks, but my iPad and iPhone generally use the same tweaks where possible).
  2. dhlizard macrumors G4

Mar 16, 2009
    The Jailbreak Community
    All the security updates included in 7.1.2 will also be in iOS8 (unless you plan to stay indefinitely on iOS7).

At one point rpetrich had worked up a Cydia tweak to add the newest iOS7 security fixes to 7.0.6 - on his repo. Simpler to just add that.
  3. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Feb 12, 2012
    Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
    i'd stay, but i prefer the 7.0 ui to the 7.1 ui. 7.1 is alot smoother on newer devices though, so if i was you, i would update.
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    I have my ipad still JB on 7.0.6 and I don't see any major reason to update to 7.1.2
    Everything works fine.
    Up to you though.