Should I update from 3.1 to 3.2?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lolol Filip, Dec 4, 2013.

1. lolol Filip macrumors newbie

Hi.

I've had Windows Vista installed on my Mac for three years. As the graphic drivers began screwing with me about a week ago, I finally decided it was time to install Windows 7 instead - which I did today.
    Everything works great so far, I even got the latest ATI Drivers (the 13.11 beta ones) to work!

Now, to the question; I see that the Apple Updater (inside Windows) is asking me to update from 3.1 to 3.2. I normally would just for the sake of updating, but is there any risk that this will remove the newly installed ATI drivers?

It's really a simple question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I to had this a while ago on my 2008 Mac Pro. I did the ATI Update and worked for my ATI 5700 . Just make sure you do the Windows 7 backup first then download and run the update.

IMHO that was the only thin i hated about bootCamp in Windows 7. A fresh Install of Windows (suggested to reload once every year) bring hundreds of Windows 7 updates that seem to take forever to load/install.