Should I update my macbook pro

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glad2macu, Oct 25, 2011.

1. glad2macu macrumors newbie

My macbook pro 13" came 5 days ago, now the little spec bump has happened is it worth returning and exchanging. Afterall, what is the real difference between 2.3 and 2.4 and of course the bigger hard drive. Unless i've missed other changes that someone else has noticed.

Iphone 4s 32gb white
    Imac 27" 2011
    Macbook pro 2011

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

3. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Yes you should. And get a black iPhone for puke's sake, unless you're a girl.

4. imotionb18 macrumors member

5. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

The correct answer is that you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. You should always hold off until the next update, since it will be more magical and revolutionary. The problem is that new versions suddenly make all of your old stuff suddenly stop working.

At least, that's what I have learned in my time on MacRumors.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Oh come on... you know you need to wait at least another two years so you can have the very best product......

Reminds me of my favorite bar sign: Free beer tomorrow! :)

7. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

8. imotionb18 macrumors member

Yea same thing happened to me last year. I bought my macbook pro and a week later the update was announced. Called apple and they told me to bring it in to exchange it. I don't see why the op should not do the same thing.

9. glad2macu thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually ordered my macbook nearly two months ago, but then a delay and ups delivering it to the wrong address, it's taken two months to get it. If it had come when it was suppost to I wouldn't be asking wether to change it or not. On a positive note, those problems mean i'm now able to have the latest macbook pro.

----------

are there any other changes other than the processor speed and hard drive?

10. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Nope not really, i read somwhere they improved the battery life a bit.

11. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I love that sign. And we all know the best version of your product will be out in three years. So, just hold off on that update! :D

I was poking fun at the people around here who post stuff like "My 5 year old Macbook has three keys missing off the keyboard, a grinding and clicking hard drive, and 25 dead pixels on the screen. I have the money for a new MBP. Should I buy now or wait until the next refresh?"

My favorite are the posts asking to buy now or wait until the next refresh...immediately after a refresh. In your case, yeah, I'd do it. Free upgrade! Then again, you may want to pass if it took that long to get the first one, it may take another two months to get the next one!