Should I update to 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mikey B, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Hi all,

This forum has been such a help! I'm new here, had no idea about jailbreaking my touch until I stumbled across the hacks forum, and I am now officially more in love with my touch than I thought possible.

Anyway, I was looking for a bt of advice. I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it and followed all the steps to upgrade to 1.1.2. Every time i would run the .jar app, my touch would end up in recovery mode and I would have to start all over. It was driving me nuts, so I just kept it at 1.1.1, got all the iPhone apps plus a bunch of others and I'm in love.

My question is if there is any extremely compelling reason to update to 1.1.2. The only one I could think of was being able to edit my calendar, and tgheir was a fix for that, so...

Thnaks for your help!

Mike

2. hecks macrumors regular

Not really, just minor tweaks and some bug fixes that Apple won't tell us the specifics about, as usual. To be honest, if you have to ask the question, the answer is almost certainly 'no'. :)

3. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

You can get a calendar fix for 1.1.1 via Installer.app so if 1.1.2 keeps giving you problems just dont upgrade.