Should i update to 2.1???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

I heard alot more problems with 2.1, should i update?

2. donm3ga macrumors member

I strongly recommend updating to 2.1. It still has some bugs, but by far this is the best update so far for the 3G iPhone. From personal experience, it has made my iPhone run much much smoother. Apps do crash every now and then, but not nearly as much as it did in 2.02.

2.1 is a winner in my book. I think the majority of people feel the same way. There will always been a few people who will be unhappy. Bad thing is, those are the ones that you remember because they post their problems on here. Think of how many iPhone owners there are out there that are perfectly happy with their iPhone and dont need to post about it.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I've heard 99% good things and 1% bad. I guess you only heard from that one 1%.

How dreadfully unlucky for you.

Bottom line is, I can't think of any reasons to not upgrade.

4. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

I agree with this :) Theres barely a single good reason not to upgrade. My only minor gripe with it is that location services for me on my 1st gen iPhone became much more accurate and useable on 2.0.1/2 but is now inaccurate again with 2.1 Doesn't bother me too much though, and wouldn't stop me updating.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It's the squeaky wheel effect and it's probably less than 1%. 2.1 is the best stability update yet.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I haven't run into any new issues with 2.1 and overall it seems to be a good upgrade. The only major problem that I still have is the keyboard lag issue.

7. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

You betcha! I've already had crashes in most apps as well, but at least I don't get the white apple of death every time i try installing an app update.

8. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I was in an O2 store yesterday and ALL their Iphone 3G's were runnind 2.0

:confused:

Not sure why...

9. goobimama macrumors regular

Just update to 2.1. It is a godsend. Plus you get the Genius features and improved UI in the iPod section.

10. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Same with AT&T.

11. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I definately recommend 2.1. Sure, there are some small bugs in it still, but MUCH more stable than 2.0.x.

12. trunksu macrumors 6502

+1 with everyone. 2.1 is what the phone should have came with when 3g first came out.

13. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

They're displays. They aren't hooked up to a computer at any point. They should be updated but they'll never do it.

14. merics macrumors member

Short answer>>>> YES.

Tremendous improvements all around. Amazed at both how fast backups now are with 2.1 and equally amazed at how slow they used to be. Just shows the willingness to get a gadget on the street before it's time, betting on consumer to drink the kool-aid regardless of shortcomings.

15. richg916 macrumors regular

16. Rob Mclovin thread starter macrumors 6502

I updated right after the 2nd post. Its good except now i get this error message sometimes saying the Iphone cannot sync because it can not be read or something like that. But i then just restored, and now its fine.