Should I upgrade from 10.7.4 to ML?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wagdog, Aug 6, 2012.

1. wagdog macrumors newbie

Greetings all,

I'm running an iMac 2.5HGz w/4GB of ram. I bought the machine to port my game to the iOS, however it's grown on me so much that I pretty much use it more then my PC now except when I'm coding. It's a great computer!

I bought the iMac in early Jun and it came w/OS X v10.7.4.

I see now that I can get Mountain Lion, 10.8 for $20, which seems like a no brainer, except I'm really sort of wondering if it's a useful upgrade and if it will introduce any aggravation. Honestly, things run at a pretty good clip on this computer, I have as much integration w/my iOS devices as I need and I'm thinking that maybe I'll just skip it unless there is some compelling reason not to.

So what is compelling about ML that would make it worthwhile? Will my iMac run as fast, faster or slower w/ML?

Thanks!

Wag

2. stchman macrumors 6502a

I was able to get the upgrade of Mountain Lion from Apple for free, but I still don't see the benefit.

It looks like most of the upgrades that you get with ML over Lion have to do with being able to better interface with other iDevices and such. Since I don't have any and probably will never get any iDevices, the upgrades are essentially useless IMO.

So I burned the OS X Mountain Lion installer to a blank DVD and put it away.