Should I upgrade from OSX 10.4.9

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mpulsive81, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

I had a bad experience when I upgraded to 10.4.10 a while ago, had the internet connection keep dropping off issue, if anyone remembers that. The airport wifi update that apple pushed out didn't fix it either so I was forced to reinstall my OS from the disk (10.4.6) and do the updates all the way up to 10.4.9. Since then I haven't gone moved forward for fear that i'll get screwed again. I'm wondering if anyone's still experiencing the issues or if there's any real reason to update my machine. It works just fine as it is, but it would be nice to be able to upgrade, i suppose.

So is there any real reason or benefit to upgrading to 10.4.10 or even 10.5.x? Or should I just stick with 10.4.9 since I know my wifi works just fine as it is?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I ran 10.4.11 for a while before updating to leopard and it was extremely solid for me on my powermac G5. It is really up to you whether or not to update though. If you're happy where you are and have all the security updates then why worry about it.

3. seashellz macrumors 6502

Then there were big rumors of 10.4.12-to fix final issues, and to make Tiger usable with all the new gadgets and MobileMe etc...

but so far-nothing