Should I upgrade my 3GS from iOS 3.1.3 to ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hitrate, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Hitrate macrumors regular

Hitrate

Hey guys, I'm on the 3GS still going strong for over a year now. Runing iOS 3.1.3 (7E18)

I've got a bunch of programs installed, and set everything up in a very jailbroken way. But i'm kind of feeling like I might be missing out on the new stuff that's happened to the iOS, both in terms of possibilities on the OS itself, but also with what you can do - what's happened in non-Apple department. However, I have not been following what's new, and would therefore like some info on if "enough" has changed for the better. Could you guys pursade/enlighten me on the benefits of upgrading? And perhaps what your approach would be to make such an upgrade smooth.

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

If you're worried about multitasking don't worry about what everyone else says. It works fine, just like how it should. I could see if you want to keep your JB for tethering.

3. Hitrate thread starter macrumors regular

Hitrate

I don't have a reference - guess I'm looking for a few peeps in here that says: yes, it's worth the hours to upgrade to get X, Y and Z that the updates feature.. :)

I guess from what you're saying, I can't atm. JB to the new OS and use internet tethering/restart my phone without it being tethered? If so, that is a dealbreaker.