Should I upgrade my 6plus to a 6s plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

i love my 6 plus. Is the 6s plus that much better? As of today I have an upgrade available. Thanks in advance.

2. HEK, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Perhaps reading the thread, "Was the 6s upgrade worth it?", might help you decide.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The CPU and GPU are faster. Do you feel like your 6 plus is slow? If you do, then you should upgrade.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I wouldn't. That iPhone 7 is right around the corner!

6. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

The upgrade from 1GB to 2GB of RAM doesn't hurt, either... but with the iPhone 7 on the horizon, I'd wait unless you absolutely need a new phone right now.

7. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I do sell my iPhone 6 Plus to someone what all do I need to do? The phone will obviously not be activated anymore if I were to get the 6s plus, so how would the person I sell it to make sure it works?

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

As a couple others have mentioned. I would just hold out till the fall and get the 7+. The 6s+ is fantastic but the 7+ will no doubt be better. Better specs, possible new features and of course a new design.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 23, 2016 ---
    If/when you sell your 6+ you need to log into your iCloud and deactivate the device from your account so that the new owner can apply their Apple ID to it.

9. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I upgraded and it was a waste. I see almost no difference. Some complain the battery life is slightly worse as well.

10. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Meet the person you are selling to at Apple Store or at carrier and they can check to see you have made all the payments and turned off iCloud and all dat security stuff is turned off. Then the new peerson can activated phone and be sure it works for them.

11. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

I upgraded from a 6 to 6s, and wish I'd saved my money. Since I got burned buying my first iPhone, a 3GS, on an 18 month contract three weeks before the 4 was announced, and had to endure an agonising wait before finally getting a retina screen with the 4s, I changed to a sim only contract, and upgraded every year. Every one had something worth having: larger screen. Touch ID and Apple Pay. Larger screen again. Then, with the 6s, umm... Touch ID is faster. More safari tabs stay open. That wasn't worth £700. I'm seriously thinking about going elsewhere next time, but the 7 will have a new design again, and will doubtless lure me back.

12. HEK, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

My battery life is slightly better. Both phones worked well, 6s Plus just faster than 6 Plus. Also less reloads in Safari because of 2 GB ram. Finger print ID so fast on 6s Plus have to use other finger to see notification screen.

Guess it all depends on how much excess money you have. Either phone works great. You could also wait till iPhone 7 comes out. Don't really see how anyone else can make up your mind for you? Some people have money and want the latest. Others don't see spending the money until a couple of next generation phone. Either way is right for themselves.

13. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is still another 8 months though until the iPhone 7 is the only downside.

14. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

Even I heard that GPU in 6s plus is much faster than 6plus.

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I am a little jealous how much faster the FingerPrint sensor works compared to my 6+.

16. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Can't you just do a factory data reset on the phone ?

17. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

While faster, it's to fast. Definitely can't peep the notifications that's on the lock screen if your use to waking up the phone via home button. Just a quick tap unlocks it. Faster is not always better.

[​IMG]