Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefangirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Massachusetts
Today I upgraded my macbook from 2 GB to 3 GB. I am wondering whether I should eventually change out the other 1 GB memory stick for another 2 GB one. My macbook is from mid 2007 and can only recognize up to 3.3 GB.

So, is it worth it? Is it that much of a difference, or should I just save my money and stick with the 3 GB I have now?

iLucas

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2011
Indiana
Today I upgraded my macbook from 2 GB to 3 GB. I am wondering whether I should eventually change out the other 1 GB memory stick for another 2 GB one. My macbook is from mid 2007 and can only recognize up to 3.3 GB.

So, is it worth it? Is it that much of a difference, or should I just save my money and stick with the 3 GB I have now?

I don't believe you will notice that much of a difference with .3 GB more. I would save your money if I was you.

Frankydan100

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
Birmingham UK
Sounds pretty pointless to me.

The most noticable upgrade you could do would be to install an SSD and you will see condierable speed increases with boot times and apps.

Have a search of the forums for how to guides and other discussions around this if you want to know more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.