I'm really stuck on the fence here and I thought some people out there might be able to give me some advice. I bought my iPhone opening weekend (2007) for the lovely price of $599. It was an insane thing to do and I do regret paying so much, but my phone has been worth it over the course of the past 2 years. When the 3G came out I really wanted to upgrade, but I was a newlywed and funds were tight, so I decided that I would wait a year and see what 2009 brought. But now that the day has finally come and I feel like I "deserve" an upgrade, I'm still undecided. Here are my hang-ups: 1. this seems to be a "small" upgrade in the iPhone line, and I worry that next summer the changes in the iPhone will be leaps and bounds above the 3G S, and I'll be stuck waiting another year because of a 2 year contract. 2. Do I really want to sign another 2 year contract? Are the rumors that ATT will be lowering their rates true? To be honest, I haven't had problems with AT&T. I do feel that their inability to provide MMS to iPhone users is ridiculous, and they are making bank off of us . . . but I've never had any major billing upsets with them. 3. My reliable old iPhone still works. The battery still holds a charge just fine as long as I charge it nightly. I've taken pretty good care of it. Unfortunately the screen is cracked down the side, but it hasn't affected performance and I barely even notice it anymore. It's been cracked over a year. So should I wait until my current phone kicks the bucket and get my money's worth? My husband really enjoys some of the apps on it so maybe I could just convert it to an iPod and let him have it? What do you guys think? What do we predict will come with the 2010 iPhone launch? Your advice is really appreciated PS - I live in Utah and we get pretty good coverage here. My bro-in-law has a 3G and he says he gets 3G quite a bit.