Should I upgrade to 2.0??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by natezire71, Jul 12, 2008.

1. natezire71 Guest

After reading around, and seeing that the battery would die way faster using apps(or is it just game apps? I don't plan to use game apps), the touch would get hotter, and 2.0 is very buggy.... Would you still recommend upgrading?:confused:

2. superman193 macrumors regular

Upgrade Away... 2.0 is the most stable release yet.

3. natezire71 thread starter Guest

I am soo sure people would dissagree with that.

Anybody else have anything else to say?

4. Xgamer1224 macrumors regular

i would upgrade if i were you. i love the app store and you get the january update for free! so i think you should IMO

5. nirvana06 macrumors regular

i had hacked 1.1.1 but love 2.0 so far.....i don't see why you should not update

6. natezire71 thread starter Guest

I really want to, but I like how smooth my OS is now. After reading that it becomes buggy, I am scepticle.

Another question, do game apps run down the battery loads? Or is it just using Apps in general? Like the Facebook app....

7. benac macrumors newbie

"Normal" apps shouldn't run the battery down no more than apple's current apps. Obviously if the app is having to fetch data over WiFi continuously, it's going to use more juice than say the calculator app.

Think of it as a notebook, if your running a graphics intensive game (say super monkey ball on the touch) it's going to be using more battery life than a word processing app.

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you have any reason to not upgrade, don't. Because if you od and there is something you don't like about it you'll forever regret it. Save yourself from the possiblity of regret.

Of course if you don't upgrade you may regret it. Dilemma!

;)

9. natezire71 thread starter Guest

Ok....

What's this, "Fetch Data" thingy? What's that do?

10. natezire71 thread starter Guest

That helped!! Great.... I never thought of it like that. And now I have to. :-/ lol. Thanks though.

11. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

question:
    what is new about 2.0 besides the stuff apple mentions on its site? i'm debating on spending the 10 dollars upgrading. i've heard that it's worth it, but haven't heard why exactly.