Should I Upgrade to 2.02

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donm3ga, Aug 27, 2008.

1. donm3ga macrumors member

I bought my phone last week and it had 2.01 installed in it. I am already experiencing some phone lag and applications crashing. There are some other minor errors that happen as well. My battery life is just average.

Should I upgrade to 2.02? Seems like its hit or miss.

If I do decide to upgrade, what are the necessary steps I need to take when upgrading?

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I'd upgrade to 2.0.2, it's been running fine for me.

To Upgrade:

1. Plug in your iPhone into your Mac/PC
    2. Click on your iPhone, it will show up in the side bar of iTunes.
    3. Click on the "summary" tab
    4. Click "upgrade"

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

2.0.2 has the same thing. In fact I have no idea what it fixes as even the green line when closing the lyrics is still there.

Some people posted that things are a lot better in 2.1, though...

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I saw an improvement in using the Address Book after getting 2.0.2.

That's about the only change I've noticed, there are still lots of other problems that remain.

But I didn't notice any downsides, so I say go for it. Even a small improvement is better than no improvement.

5. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I can't tell any difference on my phone between 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2. Everything that was working still is and some minor annoyances have not gone away.

6. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

go ahead

I have upgraded mine yesterday. It was not happy, but after a full restore of FW it is working fine! I restored all my settings from a backup, it saved me time.

7. AnalyzeThis macrumors 6502

Some differences

I noticed that prior to 2.0.2 when you make a call signal strength will go up 1 bar (like they boost radio amp a bit during call), but when you access internet - they left radio in idle/nominal mode.
    With 2.0.2 update both the call and the internet access will boost radio amp. I assume it improved internet access a little bit.

I did DFU mode restore, just to make sure FW was completely refreshed. because an upgrade was too quick to complete.

So far I did not have any issue with the phone on 3G before or after.

Good Luck

8. donm3ga thread starter macrumors member

I've decided to just stick with 2.01 and wait for the next update (2.1). It should be coming soon right?

I just restarted the phone for the first time since I got it and it seemed to have temporarily fixed the lag issue. My 3rd party apps did crash on me all the time, but I went to the App Store and did an update and that seemed to fix the problem. Not having major problems with my phone, just little things here and there that I've learned to accept.

SOLUTION: Restart seemed to fix most things for the short term. Hopefully the next update will be a good one.