Should I Upgrade To 3.1.3 Firmware?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bchamble, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bchamble macrumors newbie

I'm new to jailbreaking. Just finished jailbreaking my 3gs (3.1.2. / 5.11.07 / 359.3.2) with spirit and unlocking with blacksnow through cydia. Everything is working great, but unfortunately Apple isn't acknowledging 3.1.2 shsh anymore so I can't save it. So here is my question...

Should I stay at 3.1.2 with everything working correctly now??? or download 3.1.3 firmware and do a restore so that I can save the shsh file with cydia before apple stops acknowledging that firmware as well. I'm nervous something will go wrong later and I won't be able to downgrade (won't have a saved shsh) if apple makes me update to 4.0 with restore.

Will I lose all my data/apps if I restore to 3.1.3? I'm assuming I can hold shift while pressing restore button in itunes and it will actually let me update to 3.1.3 (even though I've never ran it) instead of 4.0 if I point it to the correct file.

If I can manage to update to 3.1.3 i will re-jailbreak with spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w. I'd rather be jailbroken than on 4.0. Any help appreciated and hopefully this hasn't already been answered. Thanks.

2. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Apple quit signing 3.13 so you can only update to 4.0