Should I upgrade to 3G iPhone??? Help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ReplayMan, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ReplayMan macrumors newbie

I have the opportunity to sell my original iPhone and then purchase a new 3G at no extra cost out of my pocket. Is it worth it?

At first, I was all for it. Because am love my iPhone, it works fine and I want the latest and greatest. But, after thinking about it. The only big difference will be a bigger bill. I found out 3G plan is $10 more plus texts are not included, so $5 more for that. $15 more a month.

All for GPS and 3G. Am I off here or what?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

No, you're right. If the extra $20 per month ($15 + extra taxes) then go for it. I will not, as I can use that $120+ per year to pay some of my bills.

TEG

3. Turmoil macrumors regular

I kept mine

I love my 1st gen phone. My wife got a 3G and I could have gotten one at no additional cost, but after playing with my wife's quite a bit - i could find no huge advantage for me.

4. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

5. specops macrumors regular

you are correct. But it is worth it... you will be paying $15 more a month but 3G(if you have it in your area) and GPS are well worth the extra $$$ in my opinion...

6. joseluis.17 macrumors regular

totally agree it's worth it we all know that 3g is way faster than edge plus you'll have GPS and i like it more in black :D