Should I upgrade to 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Juggie305, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Juggie305 macrumors member

From what Im reading here there seems to be some bugs on ISO 5 should I wait to upgrade when the next debugged version comes out or just got for it?:eek:

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

There's no such thing as bug-free, but it's also true that there will be countless "this thing is broken" posts surrounding any new OS release. As someone with 2 iPads, 2 iPhone 4S and an iPhone 4 in the house, OS5 is fine on all of them. Different users have different levels of skill in dealing with OS updates. iOS5 has had millions of downloads since its release and you're going to see more "this thing sucks" posts than "I'm very happy with iOS5 posts" on these forums. Just human nature, people who are content aren't going to post about it.

3. McBeats macrumors 6502a

4. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

thats only because nobody posts any "iOS 5 is working ok" threads, because that would be pointless, but i can tell you it has been working fine for me on my iPad 1 and iPhone 4

5. Juggie305 thread starter macrumors member

Very true I've always applied that to other stuff but wanted an opinion from the:apple: pros

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I've been very happy with it. Love the notifications, wireless sync, and split keyboard.

7. number84 macrumors 6502

Split keyboard alone is worth it for me to upgrade. So much better to type with. Even getting good enough to not have to look down while typing for the most part.

8. ruvil macrumors regular

So far i haven't found any bugs at all. Even if it may not be bug free, they are very few.

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

The only reason I haven't upgraded is to keep my jailbreak.

10. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

iOS 5 is great for 99% of users, its very true that the 1% that do have problems make more noise than the 99% who don't have problems.

11. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

I think if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have upgraded. I was hoping that the atrocious iTunes would be significantly improved in conjunction with iOS 5. No such luck. The other "improvements" are more than balanced by the imposition of Apple's god awful version of Publisher's Clearing House (without sweepstakes) otherwise known as Newsstand that clutters my screen like the PCH crap clutters my snailmailbox.

The split keyboard is, I suppose, a bit of an improvement over the virtual keyboard but since I rarely use the on-screen keyboard at all, it's not worth it to me.

Otherwise, no significant improvements over 4.3.5 that I was running prior to the upgrade.

12. Deschain macrumors member

I'd you consume a lot of podcasts or audiobooks, I wouldn't. The music app on the iPad is horrendous. It's completely useless, they stripped away basic functionality (while leaving said functionality intact on the iPod touch and iPhones running iOS 5 for so e reason).

Wireless sync has been a huge let down for me. It sometimes works but not neary as well as I'd expect or hope.

Notifications are much improved (anything is an improvement over previous notifications).

Tabbed browsing in Safari makes we browsing on the iPad a lot more enjoyable and faster.

I regret grading overall. (on my iPad, on my touch my ios5 experience has been better).

13. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Some people will complain just to complain. I think if apple put a $50 gift card to iTunes someone would complain that it should have been a visa so they can spend it anywhere.

I have had no problems with iOS 5 on our 2 iPad2s at all. Granted we just got out iPads but we haven't had problems with update thus far.

Had a ill glitch on one of our phones and unrecognized music files but that was resolved quickly with a fresh restore. But even there love the update to 5!