Should I upgrade to iLife '11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by learnballer, Oct 22, 2010.

1. learnballer macrumors newbie

Current set up: newly purchased MacBook Pro (August 24) with iLife '09

After watching the "Back to the Mac" podcast I was sure I wanted to upgrade to iLife '11 for the new features in iPhoto, iMovie, and Garage Band. After doing a quick search, I found complaints that the upgrade was difficult and iPhoto '11 runs much slower than iPhoto '09.

The iLife '09 applications run so smoothly on my MBP right now and I'd hate to change this by upgrading to iLife '11. Really? Is it true?

Help! What are you doing?

2. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I only heard of issues on the unfinished beta. I'm sure apple won't release one of their flagship productivity software flawed. I ordered mine today. I cant wait to use the new templates in iMovie.

3. 3282868 macrumors 603

One word: NO

I've had nothing but issues with ilife 11 on my brand new 6-Core Mac Pro (and I'm an ex Genius, I had to restore with "Time Machine"), a neighbors iMac, my parents' iMac, and numerous friends have had iPhoto corrupt their libraries and even iTunes becomes unusable (iLife 11 does "upgrade" iWeb and iDVD, although no major changes).

Wait until an update is released to address these issues for at the moment, ilife 11 is certainly a good case for suggesting Apple has lost track of the ball on the Mac due to their focus on iOS and iDevices.