Should i upgrade to ipod touch 4g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by superstrongboy, Jul 25, 2011.

1. superstrongboy macrumors member

I currently have a ipod touch 3g 8 gig model - MC, had it 1.5 years...i think its really slow :/ , i have it jailbroken on iOS 4.0...should i upgrade to ipod touch 4g ?? im thinking of buying one this week maybe..

2. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

Wait. The new one will most probably be released this September.

3. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Ipod touch 4g 4.2.1: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

buy one! it'll be worth it in the long run as apple clamps down on jailbreak exploits! ipt5g will be the same except it will have internal systems to ensure no third party apps over ride it!

4. szolr macrumors 6502

I'd say waiting is a good idea to be honest. But that's because I've never jailbroken a product. If you do want to jailbreak it, then I'd probably follow the above advice saying get 1 now. For the afore said reasons. You can't be certain Apple won't stop the jail breaking of their next iPod touch.

However, it is of course possible that Apple will keep selling the iPod touch 4G 8GB version and only offer an iPod touch 5G with 32GB and 64GB memory.

5. Daforce macrumors newbie

if you need it now and you absolutely cant wait until september then buy it now..its a great product and it will support iOS 5 which is a big deal..If you are not in such a hurry then i would say that you wait for another month..A new ipod touch is always better and it will support some new features..I guess in the end it depends on your current needs:rolleyes:

6. superstrongboy thread starter macrumors member

would the price of the ipod 5g 8 gig increase if they do a refresh like 3g where the 8 gig model was the same as the previous generation?