Should i upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion?

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
253
29
Hello all,

I am currently running Mac OS X 10.6.8
Macbook Pro
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Dup
Memory 2gb 1067 MHZ DDR3

Wondering if I should upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion since its only $19.99
What are your thoughts?

Please advise. Thanks.
 

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
13,199
133
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
My advice would be no. You are way too low on RAM, and ML likes memory. I think you might be better off sticking where you are. ML is likely to be a pretty slow experience if it runs at all
 

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
253
29
Damn ok.... Thanks

My advice would be no. You are way too low on RAM, and ML likes memory. I think you might be better off sticking where you are. ML is likely to be a pretty slow experience if it runs at all
 

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
758
2
Madison, GA
I would probably wait until the next update is released. I have the first generation unibody MBP and the battery performance has gone from 3.5 hours running Lion to 2 and then 2.5 with the latest update of ML. I replaced the battery last year and it has 280 cycles and the health went from 90% down to 61% and now back up to 88%. Like I wrote, I'd probably wait for the next update before buying the new operating system.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.