Should i upgrade to OS4 on my ipod touch (jailbroken)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Hyudryu, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Hyudryu macrumors newbie

Hi, i have a 3rd gen 8GB ipod touch one 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit :D
    I heard the OS4 is cool but will there be a difference? And will it be faster? Because my ipod touch can already multitask via backgrounder. And if i upgrade, will it wipe out all my apps and stuff?

Right now i sync my jailbroken apps with itunes. i download the app from apptrackr.org, put it in the mobile applications folder and i add it to the library. I have ituns 9.1 right now and im wondering if itunes 9.2 will not allow that.
    When i sync, the app syncs right in 0_0 no authorization and stuff...

So what im asking is
    1. Will my ipod still be jailbroken when i update to OS4?
    2. Will installing Itunes 9.2 mess up my whole music/cracked apps Library
    3. Should i upgrade to OS4

Please answer the questions. Thanks :D

2. Gyarados macrumors newbie

Do you have an MC ipod? I've read that there isn't a jb for the OS4 yet for MC.
    I have an MC myself and haven't been able to jailbreak yet. I am thinking to downgrade to 3.1.2 with this guide, but I see you have 3.1.3 so if you do have MC can you tell me the steps to jb it?

3. Hyudryu thread starter macrumors newbie

Spiritjb.com
    Just run the exe and plug it in. Simple as that.

4. allejo macrumors newbie

Answers:

1. Your iPod will NOT be jailbroken when you update to iOS 4.
    2. Updating to iTunes 9.2 has not affect my iTunes library nor has it affect my list of cracked Apps.
    3. I have upgraded to iOS 4 but there are a lot of Cydia apps that have not been ported to iOS 4 yet so whenever I install something new that messes with MobileSubstrate my iTouch always goes into Safe Mode. Personally, I don't think iOS 4 is worth the hassel for an iTouch. I'm keeping my jailbroken iOS 4 just because I'm too lazy to downgrade.